Usually the dinners I cook are greeted with something between indifference and disgust by my children, but occasionally I put something on the table which is greeted with delight and devoured with gusto. Yesterday was one of those days; this is what I served:
- crockpot chicken and salsa (throw boneless skinless chicken thighs in the crockpot with a jar of salsa, cook until done)
- brown rice (I use Dainty Time-Wise (tm) brown rice which only takes 15 minutes to cook)
- avocado mashed with lime juice and salt and pepper
- Ace Bakery ciabatta (aka "the world's best bread" according to Delphine) and butter
- cherry tomatoes from this summer's backyard harvest
Everyone had seconds. Some of us might have had thirds.